- The 2014-2015 school calendar is now available
- SLV Students Win Big at the SC County Science Fair
- SLVHS Girls D-IV Cross Country 2014 State Champions!
- Final copy of the superintendent search position description. It has also been posted on the Leadership Associates website and will be provided to all applicants.
- Superintendent Julie Haff is retiring, read the PressBanner article here.
- SLVHS students learn fish farming skills
- Personal Belief Exemption Form for Childhood Vaccination to Encourage Health Education
- Reference guide for issue relating to transgender and gender variant students
- SLVUSD unrolls new math curriculum, read the Sentinel article
- Read about the new high school Performing Arts Center in the HS school paper, here and here
- Truancy in Santa Cruz County, read the Sentinel article
- District Boundaries Map
- Interdistrict transfer instructions and application
- California Department of Education, TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN FAQs
- SLVUSD Transitional Kindergarten Info
Flyer Approval Process
- Community Opportunities Link
- New flyer approval process effective October 22, 2012 Instructions | Form
Attendance and Truancy Information
- Building the Habit of Good Attendance Early, English, Spanish
- Superintent's letter regarding improving school attendance, English, Spanish
- Student Attendance Policy
- What is truancy?
- "Attendance Codes used in Powerschool"
- "What if they don't show", please read this article about attendance
Measure O is a bond issue that was recently passed. Improvements to be made are: a new library, classrooms for SLE and BCE, improvements for the PAC and security and playground renovations. To view the measure and its progress in more detail click here
- SLVUSD partners with Cabrillo College and UCSC to increase college readiness.
- Investing in Education
San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District has a long history in the beautiful redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains above the blue expanse of the Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary. The area served by the district is one of forested mountains adjacent to the San Lorenzo River which meanders through our valley. The District extends 17 miles north of Santa Cruz, south of Los Gatos, east of Bonny Doon and west of Scotts Valley. The schools of the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District serve as focal points of the communities along the river. The three main, but small, towns of Felton, Ben Lomond and Boulder Creek consist of small business areas surrounded by residential areas.
Students attend their local elementary school through fifth grade at either San Lorenzo Valley Elementary or Boulder Creek Elementary. Secondary years are spent at SLV Middle School and SLV High School. In addition, students have the choice of attending our SLVUSD Charter School.