CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Information
by SLV Nurse Sarah
We recently learned that school will not be in session and continued learning will be in place until the earliest of May 6th, and possibly into summer. I understand that many families have supplied medications to their students' school sites and that refilling prescriptions may be difficult at this time. If you would like to schedule a time to pick up your students' medications, please contact me via my email below.
Like many of you, my family is trying to figure out our new schedule and routine with shelter in place and continued learning. We have found it helps to set daily goals and have a school day schedule which is linked here to give you an example. As we familiarize ourselves with this new way of life, I wanted to offer a few ideas...
- Be kind and gentle to yourself and others. Do what you can and be alright with it
- Make that schedule for your family, routines and goals will help us stay grounded
- Have fun with your family. Cook together, play board games, journal, do puzzles, play and listen to music, do art and read a lot!
- Get outside! Go for walks, play games, spend time in the garden, get your Vitamin D
- Get plenty of rest, have good hygiene (wash hands frequently), eat healthy foods
Please refer to the WHO and CDC for new updates and recommendations as the situation is evolving rapidly. Stay informed.
I’m here if you have questions, please reach out for help if you need.
Sarah Dahlen, SLVUSD School Nurse